Just Don't Ask....Please...

I am highly disturbed at the sheer number of people that have written to this blog or left comments on how to kill themselves. The post that gets the most of these requests? The Suicide Cocktail post.

I can't say that I am surprised. If someone wants to kill themselves, well then they are going to find a way to do so with or without my help.

Here is the thing.

Don't expect my help. I cannot be a party to your decision to commit suicide. This is a subject that is close to my heart and I know what its  like. I've seriously been there and dealt with this issue my entire life. I write this blog for others as well as myself because its very cathartic.

But I'm sorry. Please stop sending me these requests. I know those of you that say that you don't want any speeches about why you shouldn't kill yourself, so I won't go there. Just know that if that's the final decision that you've come to, don't expect me to help you because I want to give you reasons to live.

Sonya

Comments