Suicide: Pain Patients that Take Their Life


“I don’t know how much longer I can take this...”

Don Cornelius was an icon in the Black community. He created the series, “Soul Train” that was one of the most groundbreaking television shows in history. Though it targeted Black youth, it was a hit among White youth as well.

The man was a legend. So it was shocking to find him on the floor dead from a self inflicted gunshot to the head. Reports remain dubious but there were reports that he suffered from seizures, and possible dementia towards the end of his life.

He stated that he was in “extreme pain.”

I can understand personally. I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia, one of the most painful diseases known to mankind. I know what pain is. I know what it’s like to be in so much pain that you want to die. I have been in the hospital screaming for pain relief. It’s not fun. You want to die. That’s a sad and overwhelming feeling.

People that kill themselves due to pain should not be criticized, especially if you’ve never felt that kind of pain before. Many people have not experienced pain where they felt that death was the only reprieve. Since it’s obviously a permanent solution, you could wonder that the pain must be pretty bad.

These people don’t deserve judgment. Just know that it’s a pain that you never wish on anyone that you love or yourself.

Comments