Naomie Lenoir Suicide Attempt: Suicide isn't Pretty.

From The Huffington Post



French model Noemie Lenoir spoke recently about her suicide attempt last May 2010.

Lenoir was found unconscious in a forest in La Celle-Saint-Cloud outside Paris after overdosing on drugs and alcohol at the home of her on-again, off-again boyfriend ex-Chelsea football star Claude Makelele. She was in a coma for a week but made a full physical recovery, returning to work soon after.

She sat down with the UK Guardian to talk about the ordeal.

"I did something really, really stupid. I had been living in New York and I moved back to Paris, to try again with the father of my son." Lenoir has a six-year-old son, Kelyan, from her relationship with Makelele. "It was a big change. I wasn't so healthy in Paris... I couldn't find a gym, and exercise is important to me because I am very hyper." According to people close to her, she was also drinking too much at this point. "I came straight from New York to living in Claude's house, and I really wanted it to work, and it didn't work out. He hurt me... so I decided... I don't know how to say this. It was like a bad, bad depression, a very deep depression. I felt really alone."

I've noticed around the web that many people have made commentary about Naomie's strikingly beautiful appearance and wonder why someone who seems to have it all would even consider suicide.

As if beauty ever shielded anyone from feeling hurt, pain, and despair.

While people blast her for even considering such a heinous act, some of their own family members and friends are probably penning their last goodbyes at this very moment.

Suicide blindsides most people. They don't realize that loved ones need help until the police find the body.

Then and only then is it too late.

We need more suicide prevention and education and less judgment in the world today. People need to realize that suicide affects ALL....regardless of the race, age, financial or celebrity status.

SUICIDE CAN AFFECT EVERYONE.....

I read a newstory today where a north Chicago suburban school was appalled because their children were subjected to a school film about slavery that included suicide.

Some of the parents were upset that their children were disturbed and they weren't given the opportunity to talk to their children about suicide yet.

EVERY DAY IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO TALK TO YOUR CHILD ABOUT SUICIDE.

WAKE UP!

I had my first suicidal thoughts at the age of nine and acted on them at the age of 10, 16, and later on in my life.

If your loved ones are talking about suicide or hurting themselves, get over the fact that you think they are ATTENTION WHORING and get them the help you need.

Unless you want to be the one to discover the body.

You don't want that....I know.

Comments