Cutting

What triggers you?
When did you start cutting?
How do you feel after you do it?

You must decide that you want to stop first. Admitting that cutting is the wrong thing to do is the first step.

Get counseling ASAP. As cliche as it sounds, going to speak to someone about your issues will be more help than harm. When I was suicidal, I went to go speak to someone and I actually learned that there were some things subconsciously that was bothering me and I really didn't know it. She actually helped me to remember some things.

Learn what triggers you to cut and remove those triggers the best way you can.

Reduce stress in your life. This may not be easy, especially if you live with people that cause you stress. There are things you can still do. Instead of cutting do something else and fast. When I'm feeling down, I reach for a pen....and I write. This has literally been a lifesaver for me. SERIOUSLY.

Make a list of people to call when you feel like cutting. Call a friend or a family member and talk about it. You need to find another way to deal with your emotions. Cutting is not the answer.

Comments