Recommended Reading: The Teacher's Pet--Coming Soon November 2012

Guest Blogger

Samantha P.


Too often rape and suicide go hand in hand. A lot of women don't know how to deal when they have affected by this heinous crime. This book will be coming out next month and if there are pre-orders available, I encourage you to take advantage of this.

The author, Ms. Dickerson, has written about her experiences with being sexually assaulted at school when she was a teenager, but her experiences is far from "typical".  She talks about how she coped while fighting off feelings of suicide.

How do I know? I lived through it. I am her best friend and Maid-of-Honor at her upcoming wedding. I was the first person she told when everything was going on. I was shocked and horrified, but sadly kept her secret as she asked me to.

Being her friend after all these years has taught me so much. I don't know if I could have handled the situation as well as she did. I am so glad that I know this woman. After you read her words, I hope you are able to take something from her story.

Reserve your judgment. Open your heart and be compassionate. Anytime a rape survivor speaks out, she teaches us all not to be ashamed or guilty.

This is recommended reading for all women and teenage girls. I am glad that she has shared her story with us all.

Thank you.

Book Description:

It has been the hardest thing I've ever had to write. 

This book details the experience of being sexually assaulted as a teenager.

In May of 1996, I was sexually assaulted by a teacher in my high school. 

So much has happened over the years to ensure that I remain silent.

Not anymore. 

I apologize if I'm bringing up "ancient history"
I'm sorry that I can't just "let it go"
I'm sorry if what I'm getting ready to say makes you uncomfortable
Why now? If not, then when?

I won't be shamed.
I won't feel fear anymore.

It's time for the truth.

Comments