I dreamed of the Devil--by Sonya Dickerson © 2016



      I dreamed I saw the Devil,
      He smiled slyly at me,
      He nodded his head and showed his hand,
      Saying there was something to see

      I followed him out to a field.
      There was not a soul,
      He said inside me there was nothing,
      And that he could make me whole.

      I followed him to the River.
      And watched so carefully,
      He began talk of Creation,
      And the plan he had for me.

      He would show me the entire world,
      There was so much to see,
      All I had to do was take his hand,
      And that this was meant to be.

      I looked directly in his eyes,
      And lost what was left of me,
      That was destroyed long ago.
      And buried in the sea.

      I walked alongside the Devil,
      And found comfort in his ways.
      I found myself without a care.
      And wishing he would stay.

      He said that there are two sides,
      That exists in humanity.
      One can be a force for good,
      And pure insanity.

      Those who are the most depraved,
      Find solace in his touch.
      The rest are all pretenders,
      Who use religion as a crutch.

      He made so many promises,
      But whom could I believe?
      They warn of his many excesses,
      Working harder to deceive.

      I followed a bit longer,
      And we came across a grave,
      He knew the hour of my death.
      And not to be afraid.

      I followed this fallen angel,
      And took it all in stride.
      I never once trembled in fear,
      Once realizing he was a lie.

      We came across a clearing,
      As we stopped and had to rest,
      I saw he had no horns or tail,
      But that mark was on his chest.

      He told of his existence,
      Before time was to begin,
      That evil was not his creation,
      It lived in the hearts of men.

      When this tour had ended,
      And showed what was to be,
      When I looked back to see the Devil,
      I was looking back at me.

      Remember for blog By Sonya Dickerson Copyright 2016 Do not publish without permission

Comments